Don’t travel without insurance: an emergency abroad can be extremely expensive! The volunteers need to have their own travel and medical insurance. Before you go, you need to make sure you have adequate insurance cover.
What is the very minimum your travel insurance should cover?
- – Medical and health cover for an injury or sudden illness abroad
- – 24 hour emergency service and assistance
- – Personal liability covers in case you’re sued for causing injury or for damaging property
- – Lost and stolen possessions cover
- – Cancellation and curtailment (cutting short your trip) cover