Velebit Association Kuterevo (VUK) is an organization in Velebit mountain, Croatia. International volunteers have been coming in Kuterevo village since 1978, and organization is running a Bear Refuge since 2002. The main issues VUK is dealing with.... Info
A propos de l'organisation locale
Velebit Association Kuterevo (VUK) is an organization in Velebit mountain, Croatia. International volunteers have been coming in Kuterevo village since 1978, and organization is running a Bear Refuge since 2002. The main issues VUK is dealing with are animal welfare, nature conservation and preserving cultural heritage.
More information: https://mountainspiritvolunteers.wordpress.com/
A propos du travail de volontaire
- Maintaining facilities in Bear Refuge
- Support Volunteers' Station and its work
- Taking care of animals (bears, chicken, geese, ponies and all other animals)
- Guiding visitors and introducing topic of environment and nature conservation to them
- Support creation of publication for celebration of 40 years of Kuterevo Spirit
- Working with local community.
Volunteers will have opportunity to learn about bears and nature, and will be encouraged to participate in seminars or trainings that will be happening during their volunteering.
A propos du logement sur place
The volunteers will be accommodated in houses of local people, in rooms they will share with another volunteer. Their accommodation will be few minutes walk from the Volunteers' Station, where they will be spending most of their day working and having leisure with other volunteers. Travel will be organized by the volunteer, with help from sending and hosting organization for local transportation. Accommodation, food, pocket money and travel costs will be covered by the project.
A propos de l'alimentation
Food will be prepared and eaten together in Volunteers' Station, and it will be vegeterian.
We can imagine that interested volunteers are:
- Mountain and nature lovers
- Hard working and flexible to the needs of Velebit Association Kuterevo
- Able to communicate openly, ready to step outside of the comfort zone; open for learning new things
- Wants to explore simple lifestyle in community, in a small mountain village
- Some skills in writting, photography and video could contribute to documenting the activities
- Positive attitude and like to be part of the team
- Likes to learn and experience different things