About the local hosting organization
Tambour Battant is a non-profit organization founded in the year 2000. Our main objectives are to promote cultural activities and to build bridges for better intercultural understanding through: - international youth mobility (Exchanges, Volunteering, trainings), - giving “Access to culture for all”, - and fostering "Culture and sustainable development”.
About the volunteer work
We believe that quality and quantity can be compatible if the promoters keep in mind, during the project cycle management and the implementation, the values and principles that are the motives of non-profit making organisations in their action for the only community benefit.
Thus a four-day training course will enable us to raise a discussion about the issue of a better EVS management, based on exchange of experiences and good practices, in order to lay the foundations for the creation of a manual.
The EVS actors will gather in order to:
- share their conceptions of a top-quality EVS;
- analyse their own characteristics, limits and solutions;
- establish long-lasting partnerships;
- create a manual about the management of EVS and disseminate it;
- submit suggestions to National Agencies;
- promote voluntary work as an impacting element in social life.
Representatives of the partner organisations (employees or volunteers): Youth workers, Youth leader, Educators, Administrators, who are involved in projects that include the participation of EVS volunteers.
They must be committed to contribute to the follow up of all the stages of the project, before, during and after the training course.
* Working languages are English and French. Would a participant have difficulties in communicating in English or in French, the partner organisation will inform the organizers, and will provide adequate instruments to contain the risk of participant’s exclusion.
The participants will be selected by the partner organisations. However, we ask them to fill in our application form the earliest possible, before proceeding with the preparation steps.
Extra info about the project
We are expecting from the participants to fulfil the following tasks before the start of the training:
- Prepare a comprehensive presentation of your organisation and its experience in hosting/sending volunteers in the frame of EVS or other local, national, international programs;
- Prepare examples of good practices, tools and advices that you consider worth be shared with the other participants.