About the local hosting organization
Everest Innovative School is a Private English school that offers schooling from playground to class nine. To give better education to their own kids and community children, community people started the school. For that they have collected money themselves to run the school. This school has 102 students with 16 staffs.
About the volunteer work
The aim of the program is to provide strong English language and speaking environment for children, youth and develop their English communicative skills and writing.
You will be teaching English course book as prescribed by the school co-coordinating with local English teacher. Volunteers will organize various learning extracurricular activities through students for example, health and civic education, games, drawing, painting, sports activities, quiz contest, awareness raising activities in the community through students, debate, music class etc.
• Play education games with kids
• Develop manual according to the students need prioritizing to the listening and speaking classes.
• Go for hiking, educational tour, case study and other activities so that student can have the real experience in their learning practice.
• Be a real model, think that student will like to follow what you do, so forbid smoking and drinking intoxicate thing in front of students.
• Run extra English language classes for students if they eager to learn either after school or in holidays, i.e. if the school is closed.
Note: Volunteers should pay for outdoor activities:
Volunteers will stay at the hostel which is located 30 minutes walking distance from the school. Hostel personnel will provide accommodation and food for the volunteers and they needs to share rooms with volunteers of other nationalities.
Volunteers will have their lunch at the school 01:00 and dinner at the hostel 7:30 to 8:00 pm. Food is local style, cooked by a Nepali family. The main types of food will be rice, lentil soup vegetables and pickle but once a week host family will provide you meat in your lunch or dinner. For vegetarians the choice is usually limited to vegetables, lentil soup and pickle.
About the project location
Everest Innovative School is located in Bafal ,Tahachal , Kathmandu. The community content of Bafal area is , the community has both New people from other side of country and local people of Kathmandu mainly Newar community is found .Volunteers can observe local festival of the people & diversity of life because more than 25 caste people live here with their own cultural foundation.
Volunteers must be 20 years old minimum.
Extra info about the project
Program types and participation fees:
- Short Term: throughout the year from 2 weeks to 16 week. Starting any time of the year. Price for 1 month (4 weeks) 350 Euro and the extended fees: 50Euro/week
- Long Term: 10 months, starting August 07-08, tot fees 2575 Euro / 6 months starting August 07-08 tot fees 1750 Euro / 5months starting January 02-03 or August 07-08 total fees 1550 Euro
Notes : For the long terms , there are Camps at the Arrival and at the End of the Program : At the Arrival : the Language Classes and Cultural Excursion are included. At the End : 2 days Excursion with night stay out .
For the Short term : Orientation is given at the hostel and next day the volunteer will be taken to the project.
About transportation : We are responsible for Airport pick up and Drop off to Airport only .