The SVI takes part in the Erasmus+ Programme, and more precisely in the Youth part, to allow more young people to go live an international volunteering experience by reducing financial obstacles. The SVI wants to reaffirm its commitment.
The SVI takes part in different programmes, including the European Voluntary Service, youth exchanges and workers exchanges.
Erasmus+ is the EU’s programme in the fields of education, training, youth and sports for the period of 2014-2020 (it used to be called Erasmus). The programme aims to give young people of less than 30 years old, with our without a degree, student or not, the opportunity to go live abroad to build their skills, to increase employability and to live an international volunteering experience.
Volunteering is a civic and formative act and should be available to all.
It also helps associations to work in partnerships and to share innovative practices in the fields of education, training and youth.
The Erasmus+ Programme shall contribute to the achievement of :
- the objectives of the Europe 2020 strategy ;
- the objectives of the strategic framework for European cooperation in education and training (Education and Training 2020), including the corresponding benchmarks ;
- the sustainable development of partner countries in the field of higher education ;
- the overall objectives of the renewed framework for European cooperation in youth field (2010-2018) ;
- the objective of developing the European dimension in sport, in particular grassroots sport, in line with the EU work plan for sport ;
- the promotion of European values in accordance with Article 2 of the Treaty on the European Union.
The proposed projects are numerous and varied, covering a wide range of fields where everyone can find their happiness ! If you want to have an overview, you can visit the Europa database which lists all available European projects.