SVI is legally registered in Belgium as non-profit organization (NPO) which means that all financial and human resources are geared towards the promotion of international volunteering.
Our administrative headquarter is located in the province of Hainaut at 14 B RUE GREGOIRE DECORTE 7540 Kain (Tournai). Our registration number is 818117004
You can download a copy of our legal status by clicking on this link:
Law on the voluntary Status in Belgium
- Text of the Act of 3rd july 2005 on the Rights of Vonlunteers (.doc)
(consolidated version updated May 19, 2009)
- Genesis of the Law
- Coming into force with successive stages of the Act of July 3, 2005 on the rights of volunteers, particularly as amended by Law of July 19, 2006 published in the Moniteur in Belgium on 11 August 2006:
- August 1st 2006, coming into force of the majority of the provisions of aforesaid Act ;
- After publication of an execution decree, coming into force of provisions requiring the promulgation of such an order.
- January 1, 2007, implementing previewed component “responsibility of the volunteer and the organization” and “voluntary insurance.
Implementing orders (see Législation en vigueur)